#1 yeugiadinh

yeugiadinh

Mới gia nhập

• Thành viên mới
  • Pip
  • 7 bài viết
  • Giới tính:Nam

Gửi lúc 23 Jun 2011 - 01:36 AM

Có ai có mẫu giới thiệu về bản thân bằng Tiếng Anh share cho mình tham khảo với? Sinh viên mới tốt nghiệp thì nên nói như thế nào?
Tôi yêu Việt Nam

#2 gau truc

gau truc

* tiêu dao khắp chốn *

• Thành viên
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 bài viết
  • Nơi sống:K52Đ

Gửi lúc 23 Jun 2011 - 07:11 PM

Mình thì không có mẫu. Bạn thử tham khảo mấy cái này xem.

1. "Tellme a little about yourself."

You should take this opportunity to show yourcommunication skills by speaking clearly and concisely in an organized manner.Because there is no right or wrong answer for this question, it is important toappear friendly.

ShortAnswers

"I attended MIT where I majored in ElectricalEngineering. My hobbies include basketball, reading novels, and hiking."

"I grew up in Korea and studied accounting. Iworked at an accounting firm for two years and I enjoy bicycling andjogging."

"I’m an easy going person that works wellwith everyone. I enjoy being around different types of people and I like toalways challenge myself to improve at everything I do."

"I’m a hard worker and I like to take on avariety of challenges. I like pets, and in my spare time, I like to relax andread the newspaper."

"I’ve always liked being balanced. When Iwork, I want to work hard. And outside of work, I like to engage in my personalactivities such as golfing and fishing."

Long Answer

"I went to the University of Washington andmajored in English Literature. I went to graduate school because I reallyenjoyed learning. Afterwards, I started my career at Boeing as a web contenteditor. I’ve been there for 3 years now. Although my emphasis is in writing, Ilike numbers. I think solving logic problems and riddles are quite fun. I alsoenjoy jogging, reading, and watching movies."

There is no right or wrong answer for thisquestion. Most important thing you should remember is how you deliver themessage. The example above shows a short answer telling a little bit about theperson. The answer went from education to career, and then to personalinterests all in a smooth flow.

2. "Whatare your strengths?"

This is a popular interview question. They want toknow what you think of yourself. Although this is a general question, there isa wrong and right answer. The wrong answer is a generic answer saying you areorganized and friendly. Although it will not hurt you during the interview, itwill certainly not help you either. Answer this question based on the type ofjob you are applying for.

ShortAnswers

"I believe my strongest trait is my attentionto detail. This trait has helped me tremendously in this field of work."

"I’ve always been a great team player. I’mgood at keeping a team together and producing quality work in a teamenvironment."

"After having worked for a couple of years, Irealized my strength is accomplishing a large amount of work within a shortperiod of time. I get things done on time and my manager always appreciatedit."

"My strongest trait is in customer service. Ilisten and pay close attention to my customer’s needs and I make sure they aremore than satisfied."

LongAnswers

Let’s say I am interviewing for a managementposition. You should mention traits that are important for managers.

"A couple strengths I have are planning andexecution, and working with people. I’ve always been very good at planning anddetailing all the steps. Even in college, I would spend time organizing my weekand planning a strategy to tackle each class or assignment. Executing a planhas always come easy for me as well. I believe it’s due to proper planning. Ialso work with people very well in a way where I use the strengths of eachindividual in a team to produce the best results. Because of my easy goingpersonality, I’ve been told by my directs that it’s easy to approach me."

If you are applying for an accounting position,you should mention strong traits an accountant should have and claim them to beyours.

"I’m very detail oriented, good at managingtime, and very honest. I always incorporate managing time and being detailedtogether. By nature I’ve been detail oriented, and that resulted in taking toomuch time on a particular task. After incorporating time management into themix, I found that my work and efficiency increased dramatically. I plan betterand produce higher quality work in a time constraint environment. Finally, I’ma very honest person. When I was working as a valet attendant during college, alady gave me a twenty dollar bill to pay for the three dollar fee. She almostdrove off the lot, but I stopped her and said here is your change. Myco-workers said I should have considered the change as tip, but I know what Idid was honest and right. You can fool other people, but you can’t foolyourself. That’s what I believe."

The second example can seem a little wordy. Butthe power of an example is greater than any great words you can stringtogether. Everyone can claim they are honest, but with an example, it is muchmore believable.

3. "Whatare your weaknesses?"

For this answer, you should display a weaknessthat can be seen as a strength. There are many types of answers that will work.Some answers will be good answers for certain jobs, while the same answer willbe a bad answer for a different job. Select an answer that will work for theposition you are applying for. Here are a few examples.

ShortAnswers

"This might be bad, but in college I foundthat I procrastinated a lot. I realized this problem, and I’m working on it byfinishing my work ahead of schedule."

"I feel my weakness is not being detailoriented enough. I’m a person that wants to accomplish as much as possible. Irealized this hurts the quality and I’m currently working on finding a balancebetween quantity and quality."

"I feel my English ability is my weakesttrait. I know this is only a temporary problem. I’m definitely studying hard tocommunicate more effectively."

"The weakest trait I struggled with was notasking for help. I always try to solve my own problems instead of asking aco-worker who might know the answer. This would save me more time and I wouldbe more efficient. I’m working on knowing when it would be beneficial to askfor help."

LongAnswers

"I think my weakest trait is my impatience.Whenever I work in a team and a member is not performing up to my expectations,I can get impatient and annoyed. I understand if they are working hard andtheir portion is difficult, but sometimes a person can’t do the assignment dueto incompetence or laziness. A while back I would get frustrated and startcomplaining, but I realized that I can help out by explaining things to somepeople and encouraging lazy people by reminding them of deadlines. I know it’sbad to be impatient, but I’m definitely working on it."

"I’m too detail oriented. I never want toleave anything out and I want everything to be perfect. This is bad because itslows down my work. Initially, I tried to work faster to compensate, but thatonly made me sloppy. So I decided to put more emphasis on priority andplanning. By doing so, I’m hoping that I can make the proper decisions on whatto work on and what to intentionally leave out."

Both of these examples show an answer that isacceptable. Although being impatient is not good, it shows that you are a quicklearner and that you like efficiency. The second displays a person that isdetail oriented, which can be seen as a good trait. Finally, both answersidentify the weakness and show the actions of correcting it.

4. "Whatare your short term goals?"

This question primarily depends on where you arein your career. A person with 5 years of experience will have different shortterm goals than a person with no work experience. I’ll give an example for bothscenarios. But first, here are some short answers.

ShortAnswers

"My short term goal is to find a positionwhere I can use the knowledge and strengths that I have. I want to partake inthe growth and success of the company I work for."

"I’ve learned the basics of marketing duringmy first two years. I want to take the next step by taking on challengingprojects. My short term goal is to grow as a marketing analyst."

"As a program manager, it’s important tounderstand all areas of the project. Although I have the technical abilities tobe successful in my job, I want to learn different software applications thatmight help in work efficiency."

"My goal is to always perform at an exceptionallevel. But a short term goal I have set for myself is to implement a processthat increases work efficiency."

LongAnswers

"My short term goal is to learn everything Ican about marketing. I want to find a position where I can contribute what I’velearned through education and to gain real life experience. I believe the nextcouple of years will be very important to me and my immediate goal is to learnand become skilled in all aspects of marketing."

"My short term goal is to get into amanagement position. The last five years of my career, I’ve concentrated onlearning and acquiring all the skills needed to perform excellent work.Recently, I’ve taken more responsibilities in management because I eventuallywant to become a sales manager. I’m excited about the last few assignments Icompleted because it involved working with vendors and partners while managinga small group of workers. So I hope to be in a management position within ayear or two and I feel I’m doing a diligent job by volunteering for extra workto gain more experience."

The first example is a person straight out ofschool. Learning is a good short term goal to have because it shows that youwill be trying hard in your job. The second example is more detailed becausethat person has several years of experience. Anybody can say they want amanagement position, but this candidate is taking it a step further by showingthe steps he is taking to achieve the short term goal. Thus, it becomes astronger answer.

5. "Whatare your long term goals?"

This question is asked to see how serious acandidate is about his or her career. Some people might not know their longterm goals, and some people might have long term goals of becoming rich andretiring early. Those are incorrect answers for this question. The type ofanswer you want to give is an ambitious answer that shows you really love yourcareer. A good interviewer will read between the lines and find out if a personis going to be a hard worker or just a mediocre one. Being descriptive andshooting for a big goal is something interviewers want to hear.

ShortAnswer

"I would like to become a director or higher.This might be a little ambitious, but I know I’m smart, and I’m willing to workhard."

"After a successful career, I would love towrite a book on office efficiency. I think working smart is important and Ihave many ideas. So after gaining more experience, I’m going to try to write abook."

"I’ve always loved to teach. I like to grownewer employees and help co-workers where ever I can. So in the future, I wouldlove to be an instructor."

"I want to become a valued employee of acompany. I want to make a difference and I’m willing to work hard to achievethis goal. I don’t want a regular career, I want a special career that I can beproud of."

LongAnswer

"My long term goal is to become a partner fora consulting firm. I know the hard work involved in achieving this goal, and Iknow that many people fail to become a partner. That’s not going to stop mefrom working hard, learning everything I can, and contributing to a companywhere I’ll become a valuable asset. I know it’s not a guarantee, but becoming apartner is a long term goal of mine, and I going to work towards this goalthroughout my career."

This example shows a candidate with a big goal.This person identifies the difficulty of the goal and shows the steps requiredto achieve this goal. Despite the difficulty, this candidate shows he or shewill not get discouraged with difficult situations and will never give up. Itis a short answer that goes a long way.

6. "Whatdo you want to be doing five years from now?"
"Where do you see yourself in fiveyears?"

This is a similar question to the short termquestion, but you should answer it a little differently. Here are someexamples.

ShortAnswers

"In five years, I see myself as a valuedemployee of a company. I want to be an expert at my position and start trainingto be a manager."

"In five years, I want to be a senioranalyst. I want my expertise to directly impact the company in a positiveway."

"My goal is to become a lead in five years.Although not everyone gets promoted to this level, I believe I can achieve thisgoal through hard work."

"Although I really enjoy working hands on asa mechanical engineer, I want to eventually become a manager. I want tocontinue gaining experience, and after learning many different aspects, I seemyself in management."

LongAnswers

"Five years from now, I would like to seemyself in a management position. I’m going to be learning and gaining practicalexperience until then, but eventually, I want to become a marketing manager. Iknow there are a lot of things to learn, but I’m going to be working hard forthe next five years. I believe opportunities come to great workers and I’mgoing to try to be one of them."

"Five years from now, I want to be a seniorsales manager. I’m currently training to become a manager, and if I continue towork hard, I feel I’ll have a management position soon. After gaining severalyears of experience as a sales manager, I want to be in a position where I cantrain and provide my expertise to newer sales managers."

Both answers display characteristics of workinghard. The second example also mentions that he or she wants to train newermanagers. This is a good answer because it targets one good trait about uppermanagement… the ability to train managers.

7. "Ifyou could change one thing about your personality, what would it be andwhy?"

This question is another variation to the weaknessquestion. You can provide a similar type of question unless it is the sameperson asking them. To answer this question, think of a person you respect andthe trait they have that you really like. I used to have a manager that wasvery patient and explained things very carefully. I really liked this trait, soI’m going to provide the long answer by using this example. But first, let’slook at some short answers.

ShortAnswers

"I get easily frustrated at people who don’twork very hard. But I know people have different work styles and different workhabits. So if I could change something, I would like to be moreunderstanding."

"I have high expectations and I have theseexpectations on others. I think if I was more understanding, I could help otherworkers improve instead of being disappointed."

"I would like to be more of a risk taker. Ialways do my work and complete it at an exceptional level, but sometimes takinga risk can make the work even better. I’m working on this by thinking the issuethrough and weighing the pros and cons."

"I would like to be more of an extrovert. I’ma little quiet and a little closer to the introvert side. I would like tochange this because I would appear more friendly."

LongAnswer

"I wish I was more patient with people. I remembera manager I had a couple of years ago. He was very patient with everyone. Evenworkers that were not that smart and failed to understand a concept to performthe job. I remember thinking how can this person who can’t understand thisconcept continue to work here. My manager took a different approach. He wasunderstanding of this worker and explained the concept in a different way. Heeven explained how to view problems from a different perspective. That helpedthis worker and in time that worker became a strong contributor. So if I couldchange one thing about me, I would like to be more patient and understanding.I’m taking the steps to change for the better by remembering the actions of mypast manager whenever I’m in a similar situation."

This is a little long, but if you can speaksmoothly, it shows off your communication skills. Also, the content of theanswer is not that bad. They want a personality problem, and this answer isshowing impatience while indicating that you understand difficult conceptseasily. It also shows that you are working on correcting the bad behavior

8. "Whatdoes success mean to you?"

There are many things you can say. This type ofquestion doesn’t have a wrong answer. All answers will be correct. So the bestanswer is how good you can make the answer. A mediocre answer will be somethinglike completing a project on time. You can say this, but add another twist tomake the answer a little better. Here is an example.

ShortAnswers

"To me, success means to have a goal, planthe steps to achieve the goal, implement the plan, and finally achieve thegoal."

"Success means to achieve a goal I have setfor myself."

"Success means to produce high quality workbefore the deadline."

"Success to me is knowing that my contributionspositively impacted my company."

LongAnswer

"Success to me means completing a task andwhen looking back, thinking I couldn’t have done it better. To succeed is tocomplete a task or assignment on time in an excellent manner. But that’s onlyhalf of it. The results should be good and the people involved should gain avaluable lesson or experience. For example, if it was a group project, and onlytwo people out of four really did the work, I wouldn’t call that success. Ifeveryone participated and worked together providing a valuable deliverable thenit’s a success. So I think both the result and the process should be great tocall something a success."

This answer is showing that you believe indelivering great quality work. Moreover, it is implying how much you value teamwork. If you value teamwork highly, then it is safe to assume that you wouldmake a great team player.

9. "Whatdoes failure mean to you?"

This is quite simple. I don’t see many rightanswers so this is what I suggest. You can believe in two of the following.One, you believe that failure is not achieving your goal no matter what. Ortwo, you can believe failure is only when nothing is learned from the failure.I believe in the latter, but you don’t have to agree with me.

Short Answers

"Failure is when I do not reach mygoal."

"I think to fail at something is making amistake and not learning anything from it."

"To me, failure means to have a goal and notdo anything about it."

"I think failure is not reaching yourpotential. If you do not use the resources you have and the resources aroundyou, that’s failure because the work or goal could have been done better."

LongAnswer

"I think it’s harder to fail than it is tosucceed. The reason is, if you fail in a project, you can learn a valuablelesson from your mistake. Learning from the mistake will allow you to improvefuture projects, or to simply not repeat them. Just because I believe this,doesn’t mean I believe it’s acceptable to fail at a project, but just in case,I would try to learn everything I can… even when the end result wasn’t thatgood. So, failure to me means making a mistake and having learned nothing fromit."

Nobody wants a failure. So you can feel thatanswering like this will be risky. However, this is a solid answer that mostpeople agree with. If the person doesn’t like this answer, then you might notwant to work for this person. Everyone fails and if you work for someone whodoesn’t tolerate failure, then you will be in a difficult situation. Even vicepresidents of large corporations will believe that learning from mistakes is avaluable lesson. This answer also states that you will do you best not to fail,but just in case, you want to gain something from your experience.

10."Areyou an organized person?"

You can think that this question is stupid.Actually, I do. Everyone will say they are organized. Who will admit otherwise?You should know that everyone will say similar things. Take this time to becreative with your answer. You can use these types of questions to leave astrong impression with a creative answer. Or, if you are not creative, then thebest way to answer this question is with an example. Using a story is morebelievable and easier to remember. Feel free to mix in a little humor to makeit more memorable.

ShortAnswers

"I’m a very organized person. I like to knowexactly what I’m going to do for the day and the week. So I outline my tasksand organize my work load. By doing so, I can organize my time and workbetter."

"I believe I’m very organized. I like toorganize my work by priority and deadlines. I do this so I can produce thehighest quality work in the amount of time I have."

"I think I’m quite organized. I like mydocuments and papers in a way where I can retrieve them quickly. I alsoorganize my work in a way where it’s easy to see exactly what I’m doing."

"Organization has always come easy to me. Inaturally organize things like my desk, time, assignments, and work withoutthinking about them. This helps me tremendously during times when I’mapproaching a deadline."

LongAnswer

"I’m actually a very organized person. It’sfunny that you mention this because just the other day, my roommate wanted toborrow my suitcase and saw my closet. He made fun of me for organizing myclothes by length and color. I’m like that with everything. It’s just so mucheasier to manage things. However, I’m not picky and don’t need to have things ina certain way. I just want things to be organized. So yes, I consider myselforganized."

This example should only be done if you areconfident with your communication abilities. If you appear awkward or if yousound like you are reading this type of answer, it could have a negativeeffect. Instead, you should make a generic answer if you are uncomfortable withthis type of answer.

#3 yeugiadinh

yeugiadinh

Mới gia nhập

• Thành viên mới
  • Pip
  • 7 bài viết

Gửi lúc 24 Jun 2011 - 09:28 PM

Cảm ơn bạn. Mình phỏng vấn rồi. hjc. Chuẩn bị nhiều nhưng vào đấy cũng chẳng nói được mấy.
Tôi yêu Việt Nam

0 người đang đọc chủ đề này

0 thành viên, 0 khách, 0 thành viên ẩn